The MOP Up: Neverwinter’s five-year anniversary and Ravenloft campaign (June 24, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from World of Warplanes, World of Warships Legends, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Sea of Thieves, Skull and Bones, Old School RuneScape, SMITE, War Thunder, Neverwinter, and Pokemon Go, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- World of Warships Legends: This multiplayer naval sim just started alpha testing on consoles. Are you going to give it a try?
- SMITE: The voodoo god of life and death, Baron Samedi, brought his dark magic to this MOBA in Patch 5.11. Word is that he’s the life of the party!
- Old School RuneScape: The Deadman Summer Finals took place over this past weekend. Did someone say “permadeath stage?”
Odds and Ends
- Pokemon Go: This game has been driving families apart since 2018 and it needs to stop!
- Neverwinter: With the fifth anniversary, the Ravenloft campaign, and the new monster hunts, this won’t be a dull summer in this D&D world!
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: Players that got banned for no good reason by the studio were compensated with some extra currency.
Um, so this is a thing: World of Warplanes and Iron Maiden. Seriously.
Fans at E3 got the chance to sit down and chat with Sea of Thieves’ developers — and cameras recorded the whole thing:
Check out some fierce pirate ship battles in Ubisoft’s upcoming Skull and Bones:
Xbox One players got a surprise early access to War Thunder this past week while the Naval Battles mode just went into closed beta testing on all platforms: