The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Elsword, EVE Online, Soulworker Online, League of Legends, Realm Royale, Survived By, EverQuest II, Prosperous Universe, Black Desert Mobile, and Star Trek Online, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Black Desert Mobile: This portable MMO is launching in Taiwan on August 29th with a new class — the Tamer.
- Prosperous Universe: The team’s latest dev blog talks about the fuel usage slider, the studio’s new logo, and work on tutorials and a wiki.
- Survived By: The Forge of Corruption was improved in this week’s patch!
- Soulworker Online: Come to the beach for some fun, but watch out for the turbulent waves!
- EVE Online: CCP needs your help to create the next great propaganda poster in EVE!
Odds and Ends
- Star Trek Online: PS4 and Xbone players will be getting their chance at Victory is Life when the expansion launches on consoles July 24th.
- EverQuest II: Quest a little further on the Fallen Gate progression server with Rise of Kunark!
- League of Legends: This MOBA has a support problem, and even Riot can’t figure out how to fix it.
Dive into the demon realm with Elsword’s latest dungeon:
Realm Royale is training players in the art of the deathmatch with this new mode: