It’s good to see that after the somewhat oddly-named “alpha zero” test phase, Ashes of Creation is planning to move on to alpha one on September 1st. Unfortunately for that particular news story, the game managed to irritate people shortly thereafter by announcing My.com as its publisher in Europe, which raised some hackles. The game addressed that promptly, but you know how tempers are slow to settle.
Other beta news? Let’s find out!
- Actual legitimate previews of Amazon’s New World are finally coming out! This is a very good thing, especially if you’re one of the many people who has been concerned about the status of this particular title during the tumult of other titles.
- The launch for MapleStory 2 has been set for October 10th, while founders can start in on September 24th. If you weren’t willing to buy into the game, you’ve only got a month or so left to wait! That’s not so bad, right?
- Oh, hey, remember when everyone thought Bless was just too awesome to be confined to PC? I don’t either, but it turns out the game is moving to the Xbox One as Bless Unleashed. That should fix things up real nice.
- The City of Heroes-inspired City of Titans is showing off its auras, which themselves were inspired by the auras from… you know, you can probably figure that out.
- Meanwhile, the similarly inspired Valiance Online is offering up a bunch of additional costume pieces with the promise of more big patches “soon.” You are not permitted to start humming “How Soon Is Now?” in response to this, that’s wildly inappropriate.
- Last and certainly least, would you like to give Star Citizen another two hundred dollars for a concept ship? The team sure hopes you do. It’s fine. This is fine.
What isn’t fine? Well, our list is pretty fine, but it could always be made more so. Please, let us know if some of the games we have listed in testing below belong with a different status, or even if they might have launched in quiet movements. We appreciate it!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Backer alpha zero, alpha one on September 1st
Bless Online: Early access open beta
Boundless: Early access, launch planned for September 11th
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fallout 76: Beta in October
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta, open beta in June
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha, coming to Steam
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Alpha testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access