What do you know, there’s another concept ship for sale over in Star Citizen. And it’s relentlessly specialized in one specific field, making it the Spatula City of concept ships. (“We sell spatulas… and that’s all!”) You can also read about recreating Earth and digging on space rocks, so those won’t require any additional money.
In other beta news…
- Are you feeling the pain of Just Survive shutting down? Dead Frontier 2 is out in early access right now if you’re in need of something to salve the pain.
- If you like online first-person-shooters with symmetrical names, you’ll be happy to learn that A.V.A Dog Tag has started its closed beta test. Those of you who insist on periods in your acronyms, meanwhile, will be less happy.
- How do you know someone is a king or queen in Black Death? Because they were just added in the last patch. No, we’re not referencing the Monty Python bit, you already did that for us.
- As the fall approaches or rolls on depending on your personal perspective, Pantheon is getting ready for another pre-alpha test. And it’s showing that preparation off to you, the viewing public.
- Lastly, have a look at New World‘s latest screenshots, including the Damned capital. Yes, we know what it’s supposed to mean. No, that’s not going to matter because it’s fun to say the damned capital over and over.
But even though lots of things are changing or updating or not looking the same, we still have a list down below of games in testing. That list could always have something on it that shouldn’t be, of course, so do let us know if that’s the case down in the comments. Really, we appreciate it.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one stress test ongoing, full alpha one in September
Bless Online: Early access open beta
Boundless: Early access, launch planned for September 11th
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fallout 76: Beta in October
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha, coming to Steam
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Alpha testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access