Are you a fan of Worlds Adrift but hate having any PvP in your mixture? Good news, then, you can go check out the game’s PvE experience on the test server! You will fight the environment, but never other players. Except with words. And for resources. And maybe through exploiting loopholes in the system… the point is, it’s PvE.
More beta news! Now! Right in list format!
- If you can’t get enough of card games but digital, you’ll be happy to learn that Magic: The Gathering Arena is launching into open beta later this month, on September 27th. It’s free-to-play, but considering that the source game’s entire business model is about getting you to buy cards, we’re willing to bet there will be plenty you’ll want to buy.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 is not free-to-play, but it will be testing its multiplayer version in November. Remember to redeem all of your red deads! (Note: that is not the plot. Do not complain to us if the actual game has nothing to do with that.)
- Those eager to head into New World testing will likely be happy to know that the game is sending batches of new invitations. Were you included? If you wanted one, we certainly hope so.
- What’s in a name? Letters, mostly. And you can reserve yours in MapleStory 2 ahead of the game’s full launch. Don’t let anyone else use your letters! Force everyone else to use leftover Qs and Zs.
- Last but not least, Chronicles of Elyria wrapped up its not-in-game-but-that’s-because-there’s-no-game-yet event, the Searing Plague. It will unlock in-game rewards, though, so that’s neat.
Do we have another list of games in testing? You know we do. Let us know if something switched test phases, is missing from the list, or whatever! We do appreciate your feedback.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one stress test ongoing, full alpha one in September
Bless Online: Early access open beta
Boundless: Early access, launch planned for September 11th
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fallout 76: Beta in October
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha, coming to Steam
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Alpha testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access