Wow, Crowfall, that’s rude. Very rude. Are you really going to label your own races as monsters just because they’re part deer or part horse? Well, you have to do something for what you call “Monster Month,” and let’s face it, we all want previews of Elken and centaurs. Or naked gerbil pistoleers. Still, though, sensitivity.
Other news? You got it, pal.
- If we ever really said hello to Bless Online (debatable) we wave farewell on October 23rd, because that’s when it’s launching free-to-play for all. So we wave farewell to it… from this column. What did you think this meant?
- Curious about the schedule for OrbusVR: Reborn? You can check that out right now, as it has been revealed. The prophecy has been revealed! For a very odd definition of “prophecy.”
- MapleStory 2 is in early access right now, but it is launching for real very soon, complete with a new class. If you want to get in on it when it goes fully launched, check out Justin’s impression of the game.
- The third alpha test for The Cycle will be running on October 16th through the 18th. We are also sad to know that this is not, in fact, a game about a really cool motorcycle, hence the name.
- We’re still waiting on more concrete information about New World, but now that it’s in alpha testing you can learn a little more… if you’re prepared to walk on the leak side. Wait, that sounds vaguely dirty. It’s just an information leak.
- Load up on guns and bring your friends to The Division 2, which will have an overhauled weapon system. You may want to read up about that before expecting it to entertain you.
- Last but not least, Legends of Aria is launching to early access on December 4th, which is different from its current test phase because… reasons. We need to standardize the wordings here, but you should still mark the date just the same.
As above, so below; there is a list down there. It’s a list of games in testing. Is something on there when it ought not to be? Or the reverse? Let us know either way in the comments, or just share your thoughts on betas and beta news. We’re flexible.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one stress test ongoing, full alpha one in September
Bless Online: Early access open beta
Boundless: Early access, launch planned for September 11th
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fallout 76: Beta in October
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha, coming to Steam
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Alpha testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access