Fortnite rolled into a true open beta for Android this week, allowing everyone a chance to get in there and die on a phone, regardless of whether or not you’ve got a formal invite. You do, however, have to have a pretty nice phone, and we suppose there are worse things you could do with it than play Fortnite.
What else happened in the world of MMO testing over the last seven days?
- New World continued lagging behind the leakers with reveals from its alpha.
- MapleStory 2 formally launched in the west, exiting our beta halls forever, while Nexon’s next MMO, Spiritwish, began testing in Korea.
- Can’t stop early access MMOs from rolling out new content: Worlds Adrift got a major patch that includes PvE servers, while Dark and Light launched a free expansion, which is traditionally what we call a content patch, but OK.
- RuneScape Mobile hit beta on Android.
- The Cycle’s third alpha will drop its NDA.
- Skyforge rolled into beta in Japan.
- And finally, we took a hard look at the Murkmire DLC over on Elder Scrolls Online’s PTS.
Them’s the haps, people. And now we’ve got our regular roundup of everything we’ve got our eye on right down below.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one
Bless Online: Early access open beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta (one)
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fallout 76: Beta in October
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Closed alpha
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access