So many people showed up to play on Lord of the Rings Online’s progression server Anor yesterday that SSG had to rush to put up another one, Ithil, to beat back the 5000-person queues. That surprised me, given the consternation over whom exactly the server, which isn’t exactly a vanilla experience, was for. I did see some folks arguing that the server was only drawing crowds angling to save their favorite names and that the second server cut back the queues considerably. And yet folks like MOP’s Justin were in and playing happily. We even goaded MJ into taking a peek. And that sub requirement may be a nice perk for a lot of old-school players.
Are you playing on Lord of the Rings Online's progression server?
- I'm playing and loving it. (34%, 110 Votes)
- I tried it but have already decided not to keep on with it. (1%, 2 Votes)
- I mostly just showed up to claim "Legolaz" as my name. (2%, 5 Votes)
- I'm still considering giving it a go but haven't jumped in yet. (21%, 69 Votes)
- I'm playing (or going to play) on a normal server instead. (10%, 31 Votes)
- Nah, progression servers aren't for me in any game. (6%, 20 Votes)
- I would have been interested if the prog servers had a different ruleset. (8%, 27 Votes)
- I'm not into LOTRO and no additions would get me in there now. (6%, 20 Votes)
- No answer / view tally / high elf butts (12%, 38 Votes)
Total Voters: 305