It’s been a week of some speed bumps for Legends of Aria; after it reset progress with its karma system ahead of its early access launch, the general access got delayed until 2019. So not quite going according to plan. They’ve already hosted an AMA about the future of the game and difficulty, though.
Other beta news? Sure, why not, in list format. Lists are fun!
- Apparently Atlas exists out of nowhere, with Studio Wildcard just dropping this new pirate MMO on us without any preamble? Like, this might be a buggy mess, but gosh, that was a surprise.
- Ashes of Creation launches its surprise battle royale mode on December 18th. It’s weird how something can at once be good forward motion and also a bit distressing, isn’t it?
- Red Dead Online is still doing the test dance, but that doesn’t mean that none of its systems are bad enough to merit compensation. The economy was so badly borked that players did receive compensation with the most recent update, so that’s fun.
- There’s a lot of stuff in Dual Universe, even now, so let’s watch a whole video on it! You can do that. There’s a lot of video of the sandbox in alpha testing.
- We’re sorry to inform you that if you’re just hearing about Camelot Unchained testing destruction and rubble, you have missed the test. But the test happened, and that alone is good. Ruin things!
- Anthem’s plotting “VIP demos” in January that look an awful lot like paid testing plus headstart.
- Last but not least, the shared critter-catching adventure that is Temtem is humming along and adding new stuff to catch. We believe that one of the goals is implicitly obtaining all of the monsters, although there might be a catchier phrase for that.
Hark! The list! It sits beneath this line with a whole bunch of games in testing. Please, do let us know if something is on there and should not be or is listing the incorrect state.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta (one)
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access