Last month, Daybreak officially revealed its first truly new game in several years: PlanetSide Arena, a large-scale battle royale title set in the venerable PlanetSide franchise. It’s so big it frankly needs a new subgenre because it’s not an MMORPG, but it’s also massive in a way most battle royales aren’t – how about MMOBR?
Anyway, as we’ve discussed both on the podcast and in our comments, it seems as if there’s an audience mismatch here. The PlanetSide 2 community doesn’t seem too enthusiastic, even though it’s been assured that Daybreak won’t abandon that game. MMO players who know Daybreak backward and forward don’t seem all that impressed. And it might be hard to tear actual battle royale fans from the behemoth games they’re already playing.
How about you – will you be playing PlanetSide Arena?
Leaderboard: Will you be giving PlanetSide Arena a chance?
- No, I'm done with all things Daybreak. (31%, 113 Votes)
- No, but I haven't written Daybreak off entirely. (9%, 34 Votes)
- No, I hate battle royale. (28%, 101 Votes)
- No, I am not a fan of the PlanetSide franchise. (5%, 18 Votes)
- I haven't decided yet. On the fence. (8%, 28 Votes)
- I'm probably going to buy it and play. (6%, 23 Votes)
- I've already preordered. (7%, 27 Votes)
- Something else (tell us in the comments!) (1%, 4 Votes)
- No answer / view tally / high elf butts (5%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 321