Screw you, hackers in Atlas! You don’t get to ruin this game for people, according to the developers! They’re working to fight you, and… oh, look at that, an admin account has been compromised. That just couldn’t have happened at a worse time, huh? The team is still hard at work improving the game, but it was bad timing, seriously.
Other beta news off the port bow, and so forth. Or dead ahead, whichever!
- The battle royale mode of Ashes of Creation is entering its second open beta testing in the closing weeks of January. Yes, when January 24th rolls around you can give the title another shot, with dates announced well in advance this time.
- Gear in Torchlight Frontiers is doing some heavy gear reworking based on the feedback from early Alpha testers. Good news for anyone and everyone who wants the game to be better, potentially bad news for people who also want that but have to re-do all the gear by hand.
- If you need some more military shooters in your life, A.V.A: Dog Tag is starting its second closed beta today. Yes, that’s really how the title is apparently supposed to be stylized. You can just put periods anywhere.
- At this point, the promise of a game being imported will be accompanied by promises to avoid pay-to-win, a fuzzy term that is easy to disavow. You can judge for yourself whether Astellia’s claims are legitimate based on the first few details of its imminent 2019 approach or our interview on the same.
- Speaking of imports, Bless Unleashed is still a thing that’s happening this year, and it’s still being sold as separate enough from Bless Online that you should eagerly check out new information on it.
- Last but not least, it’s important to note that early access is for Breach, and you can try. The game. You can try the game. Look, it’s a play on the saying that life’s a beach, and that in turn is a play on… oh, forget it.
You know what? Yeah. Let’s just forget the whole thing and move on to the list of games down in testing below. If something is on there that shouldn’t be or not there that should be, let us know in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Anthem: Alpha, beta starts January 24th
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one; battle royale spinoff holding test weekends
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta (one)
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Division 2: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access