You have angered the minotaur. That was dumb. If you already know why you have angered this minotaur (and, by extension, the remainder of the minotaurs), please explain in the comments to this week’s What Are You Playing and make the necessary acts of contrition. Otherwise, please examine the following list of common minotaur enraging techniques (which is also useful if you wish to anger the minotaurs):
- Referred to them as “failing trash centaurs”
- Made any reference, however subtle you thought you were, to cud and the chewing thereof
- Mentioned that those horns make them look dumb
- Singing the hit single “I’m A Cow” (Benny & The Relatively Employable Lads, 1964)
- Borrowed a minotaur’s car while claiming that you just needed to run a quick errand while you were in the shop, but then when the minotaur walked by your building he saw your car, because he knows it’s your car because you still have that stupid Grateful Dead sticker on the bumper. Seriously, why do you have that sticker? You’re 29. It’s kind of weird and we know you put that on your car intentionally. But anyway, he knew your car was fine and figured you were probably using his car to buy drugs even though you really just didn’t want to drive yours because the Check Engine light is on and it makes you nervous to drive.
- The same as the above, but you really were using his car to buy drugs.
- Imprisoned the minotaur in a labyrinth before telling your buddy Theseus to, quote, “go to town, man.”
Bonus question: What subject did you adore in school but haven’t really used since?
Brianna Royce (@nbrianna, blog): Star Wars Galaxies, of course. We’ve also been playing Rock Band with the kids (it’s so fun now that they are old enough for this!). And I guess I need to get Warframe up and running for my playtime with Justin, yeah?
And the bonus: I nearly ended up in music but switched to a slightly more practical plan at almost the last minute. I don’t really regret it, since I got to hone my writing skills instead, and without that, I’d not be here!
Chris Neal (@wolfyseyes, blog): After some good advice from Eliot on how my husband and I could best get Final Fantasy XIV Blue Mage spells from open world monsters, we’re now at a point to simply level up the class and get into the instanced content segment of the Spellbook, so that will definitely be a highlight of the weekend. I also have a desire to level up a Barbarian in Diablo III in the interest of putting together a tank-minded build and joining friends in Greater Rifts. Finally, I’m thinking a bit of Korean MMO gaming for a complete action combat change of pace would be good. Maybe Blade & Soul or TERA.
On the bonus question: I can’t really say I adored any subject in school. Not completely. Marching band, I guess? I’d rather leave the miseries of high school behind me, honestly.
Eliot Lefebvre (@Eliot_Lefebvre, blog): As astonishing as it might sound, I have not yet reached level 50 on Blue Mage as of this writing. I’m loving the job, though, so I need to make that happen alongside doing my usual stuff in the game. Aside from that, it’s my birthday weekend, so that’ll likely take most of my weekend.
Bonus question? In school, I actually did pretty well at lots of subjects, but my original focus in college was to go into a major in math and education. I was just going to make writing a hobby! That’s not what happened. I’d like to thank the advisor who convinced me to major in English instead, and by “thank” I actually mean “blame.”
Justin Olivetti (@Sypster, blog): Breach is the new, hot thing on the scene – and looky there, I just so happen to have a copy to try out. A friend was recommending this to me on the comparative basis to The Secret World in feel, so why not? Past that, I’m still adventuring through Lord of the Rings Online’s Forochel on my progression server toon and The Elder Scrolls Online’s Morrowind with my Warden.