The first demo for Anthem had certain problems because launch day on any sort of online game always does, as we’ve all no doubt observed over the past forever. Not to worry, though; the game’s public demo is kicking off this weekend, and the developers claim that they’ve learned plenty to prepare for this one. Like increasing server capacity, naturally.
Other beta news? In list format? It must have escaped from a zoo.
- The fourth beta test phase for OrbusVR: Reborn will kick off on February 8th, and there are world bosses and new zones to explore therein! It’s a good thing.
- Turns out that Legends of Aria managed to make something of a tactical blunder this week with the release of some advantageous items in the game’s test shop. One of the items was quickly pulled following player reaction, though, so that’s good.
- The first closed beta event for PlanetSide: Arena coincided with a map preview, which is good news for people in the closed beta or just fans of maps.
- A new trailer is out for this year’s impending release of Black Desert on the Xbox One, so if you want to play the game on the console or just adore watching trailers, knock yourself out.
- Closed beta signups for KurtzPel are now live as the devs discuss just what to expect.
- Last but not least, the test server for City of Titans has been rebuilt. It’s the most testy server possible out of all servers. As in “a server that has the most test-friendly properties,” not “server with the shortest temper.”
Hooray for testing! Hooray for all the games in testing which are not in the above series of bullet points but are in our list below! Hooray for readers who let us know in the comments if something should have changed status! Hooray indeed!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Anthem: Pre-order beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one; battle royale spinoff holding test weekends
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta (one)
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Division 2: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access