How many players and bots were on the field with the last test for Camelot Unchained? Not one. Not two. Not three. Not… all right, this list could fill up a lot of space, so let’s just cut to the punchline of having some 3500 players and bots on the field at once. That’s a lot of people! Or pixies, or whatever race they were.
And the betas, much like the beat, go on. Let’s talk some more.
- This week has been downright filled with news about Anthem, since its launch is right around the corner. Alliances and stuff in the sky! Player hours! Post-launch plans!
- Private beta testing for The Division 2 is happening now through next week. Yes, now we’ve added “private beta” to the list alongside “closed beta” and “open beta” and “spicy Southwestern chipotle beta.”
- On the topic of entering beta testing, Conqueror’s Blade is now in beta testing. You can get a key, if you want one.
- The rules for scoring in Crowfall’s first campaign needed to be changed, which prompted some questions about the ethics of changing things midstream. You know, while the game is still in testing. This is the world we live in.
- OrbusVR: Reborn is currently still gestating, but it’ll be fully reborn when the title launches out of testing in April. Good news for everyone who has a VR headset and wants an MMO for just that.
- Last but not least, if you’re still looking forward to New World, we’ve got some lengthy impressions on the title available for your perusal right now. You know. Just FYI.
And now, it’s time for all of us to go retreat into burrows and wait out the remaining weeks of the beta winter. (Seriously, that’s a thing now.) If you’re in a test and want to talk about it, of course, you can let us know down in the comments. You can also let us know if we missed something changing test states.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Anthem: Pre-order beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one; battle royale spinoff holding test weekends
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta (one)
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Division 2: Beta
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access