It’s one of the most powerful and versatile of musical instruments, and now the piano is getting its own featured show here on Battle Bards! The crew re-assembles, not to avenge, but to uplift beautiful, striking, and moving piano themes from MMORPGs. So tickle the ivories with Syl, Steff, and Syp as they listen to today’s signature tracks.
Battle Bards is a biweekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 140 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Breezewind Park” from Blade and Soul, “Main Theme” from The Secret World, and “Piano Works #1 Serendia” from Black Desert)
- “Theobomos Hotel” from Aion
- “Purple” from Worlds Adrift
- “Kaelar and Empyrean Freeholds” from Ashes of Creation
- “Tieve’s Theme” from Vindictus
- “Lullaby” from Chronicles of Spellborn
- “The Die is Cast” from Tree of Savior
- “Ancient City” from FFXIV
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener mail from Katriana and IronSalamander8 [link]
- Jukebox picks: “Chiasm” from GRIS, “Main Theme” from Neon Chrome, and “The Beginning” from Resident Evil 2 Remake
- Outro (feat. “Hywel” from Mabinogi)