Technical alpha testing for The Cycle has reached a conclusion, and that means that the developers are moving into the next phase of development with weekly playtests. They’re calling it open development, but the word “beta” isn’t being thrown around, so make of that what you will. Patch notes for the first weekly test are available now, too. So every week, new stuff to test. That’s good, right?
Other beta news is here. It never ends!
- The forums for Ashes of Creation are back online! Hooray! That only took a long time. Also, you can learn a little bit about libraries.
- Speaking of learning, Adventure Academy is a cute new online MMO aimed at being educational in a shared online space. That’s kind of wonderful.
- There are hints of a mobile version in the works for Lost Ark as those of us on this side of the pond still wait for the original version. You sort of have to be patient, we suppose.
- Atlas continues to trundle onward with a new test server and multiple types of PvP and PvE to choose between now. If you don’t like your pirate experience to be quite so marauder-friendly, we suppose.
- Last but not least, as Astellia approaches its launch we had a chance to talk about the title’s mechanical design for dungeons and tweaks for a Western audience. So that should be good fun.
Ah, another week, another round of games in testing, and another chance to remind you of the list of games in testing we have down below! Let us know if something down there has hopped testing status without us noticing, would you? We’d be grateful.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Legends of Aria: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
New World: Closed alpha
Occupy White Walls: Early access
OrbusVR: Early access beta
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Rend: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Pre-alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Starmourn: Open beta
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha, no NDA
Valiance Online: Alpha
Worlds Adrift: Early access