As we all know by now, Star Wars: The Old Republic is getting something of a reset with regard to its gear progression systems in September’s Onslaught expansion. Naturally, players had burning questions, and so a recent AMA with the developers has provided a number of answers.
The questions covered a variety of gear-related queries, from where crafting items will fall in the new endgame to what happens post-6.0 among other topics. A couple of points that spring out from the list:
- Alacrity is due for some adjustment, the details of which will be shared soon.
- The majority of loot will be personal, not all, and there will be moments where drops from a boss include personal loot as well as party-wide loot to roll for.
- Currencies are going to be streamlined, with a number of them due for the chopping block.
- Getting a shell (an unmodified gear piece) with the set bonuses you want will see those bonuses scale appropriately with modifications no matter its initial item level upon acquisition.
- The majority of these features are not going to be available to free players, and Preferred players will see some improvements to how they can gear up. Details will be forthcoming.
There’s a lot more to it than just those points, of course, so make sure you have a gander to see if any of your own questions were asked.