In another theme sequel, the Battle Bards return to the notion of vocal tracks in MMORPGs. Does singing hold a special place in online games, or is it immersion breaking? In some cases, it can be both. Join Syl, Steff, and Syp for a romp through a widely diverse array of sung tunes — and beware the pigs!
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 146 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Singing” from Elder Scrolls Online, “Song from the Woods” from The Secret World, and “Eternal Love” from Lineage II: Oath of Blood)
- “Dragonsong” from Final Fantasy XIV
- “Glutton for Nourishment” from RuneScape
- “The Daughter of the Sea” from World of Warcraft
- “Dungeon Herograve” from Lime Odyssey
- “Wild Side” from WildStar
- “Port Lux (Vocal Version)” from Cabal Online
- “Odyssey” from Granado Espada
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener mail from Caroline
- Jukebox picks: “The Frostlands” from Octopath Traveler, “Dolphin Surf” from Tetris Effect, and “Future” from Max Payne 3
- Outro (feat. “Day of Destiny” from Dragon Nest: Saint Haven)