There’s one last round of testing for World of Warcraft: Classic in the bank, one last chance for everyone who wants to test to get in there. Whether or not you need it is another story; it seems plenty of people are already eager enough to get in based on name reservations. So things feel like they’re on track, but hey, more beta time.
Other beta news, ahoy! Port bow or whatever!
- The beta testing for Black Desert Online on PlayStation 4 is over, and the developers have offered a helpful summary of the issues in that test and what’s being improved. Hooray, fixing things!
- Take part in the special Trial of Gaea in Crowfall and you can pick up a stat-buffing badge for your efforts. Hooray, stats getting improved!
- That highly ambitious colony MMO Seed earned up a lot of money with the help of LEGO, of all the things in the world. Hooray, ambitious projects moving forward!
- Sandbox Project C has fixed a lot of bugs while adding in an in-game bug. That is, an actual insect creature for players to interact with. Hooray, arthropods!
- Last but not least, the Ashes of Creation battle royale mode that was supposed to launch and then was quietly taken down with an ever-changing story about why is going back on Steam. Hooray, this is definitely a good sign!
Hooray, cheering! Hooray, an entire list of things in testing just below! Hooray, a comment section wherein you can let us know if something should be off the list or just let us know about any betas you’re playing right now! Hooray for some dudes!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one
Astellia: Closed beta
Bless Unleashed: Closed beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Caravan Stories: Beta
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access, launch on October 11th
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
New World: Closed alpha
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PixARK: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha, no NDA
Valiance Online: Alpha
WoW Classic: Closed beta, launch on August 27th