I feel so alone, Peria Chronicle’s gone, its release has cut and run;
Why should I be so blue? Well, what else can I do? Its promises looked pretty fun.
And yes we have reasons for joy in this season, with WoW Classic launching fine,
But that game isn’t new, and with its server queues, you’ll be waiting to play for some time…
I’m all out of love, I’m so lost with this news,
It makes me feel sad thought I know it’s the truth,
I’m all out of love, what’s left for us to do
But move on to more news and hope that other things aren’t wrong?
- The open-world VR game Nostos is holding a beta test on September 5th, complete with a little contest for interested parties to get in on a wildcard slot. If you’re interested and eager to get in on the VR exploration, hey, there you go.
- After a bit of a delay, Caravan Stories has announced a launch on September 10th for the PlayStation 4. That game also still looks charming as heck, so please don’t make me have to break out Air Supply for another title.
- Bless Unleashed isn’t giving up just yet; it has an open beta for Xbox One in November with supposedly big changes. Will they be big enough changes? Let’s find out in November!
- Hey, PlanetSide Arena is actually happening, with early access slated for September 19th! Fortunately, the battle royale iron is still super-hot and striking it now is an excellent idea, right? Right?
- Last but not least, Ascent: Infinite Realm is still happening and features a cat in a top hat and vest. Also more details on mechanics like pets, but cat in a top hat and vest.
Ah, that actually was reassuring. Let’s sink into the comments below and continue feeling better, yes? We’d appreciate if you let us know about any games that should have a different placement on the list or have been missed, stuff along those lines.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one
Astellia: Closed beta, launch on September 27th
Bless Unleashed: Closed beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Caravan Stories: Beta, launch on September 10th
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access, launch on October 11th
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
New World: Closed alpha
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide Arena: Early access on September 19th
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha, no NDA
Valiance Online: Alpha