An odd, offbeat, and short-lived MMO, Chronicles of Spellborn hardly registered on most of the gaming community’s consciousness. However, this fantasy title has not escaped the attention of the Battle Bards, especially with Assassin Creed’s Jesper Kyd composing most of the score. It’s a strange score, with plenty of otherworldly tunes, but just perfect for this team to tackle!
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 157 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Main Theme,” “Lullaby,” and “Palace at Night”)
- “Armada Combat”
- “Silent Child”
- “Gleaming Cauldron Tavern”
- “Traitor’s Rest Tavern”
- Which one did we like most?
- Listener notes: Katriana
- Jukebox Picks: “Afterimage” from Einhänder, “Main Theme” from Yonder, and “Colored Engine” from FAR: Lone Sails
- Outro (feat. “Housing”)
- Stinger: Battle Bards’ t-shirt store