Oh, Fractured, you… wait, what the heck is going on with Fractured? Hang on, let me check on my phone… oh, it has an open playtest starting on February 4th for backers and February 6th for everyone else, with the whole thing open until February 10th. That’s a lot of open playtime. Let’s see how that does in terms of server stress, huh?
Gosh, phones are useful! Let me use this one to scroll around for some other beta news…
- Oh, hey, apparently Key to Heaven is moving into open beta today? That’s a thing, you could play that. Open beta.
- You can also register for the technical beta for Distintegration, which for some reason makes me think of the movie Annihilation. I don’t know why. They’re not related at all.
- Annihilation was a good movie. Do I have the streaming app for that on my phone? I don’t think so.
- Right, Dual Universe had that big alpha update that just went live. That’s a big deal, isn’t it? It’s game-changing!
- Apparently Phantasy Star Online 2‘s beta will have English voice acting and retained progress. But it’s still on a console I don’t have, so I will be angrily subtweeting. It starts February 7th, though.
- Oh, and Torchlight Frontiers became Torchlight III and isn’t an MMO. Right. That was sad.
- That’s it. Kitten video time.
You can watch these kitten videos with me if you want. You can also take the opportunity to check out the list just below and let us know if anything switched test phases without us noticing. You could even do that while watching kitten videos.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one; Apocalypse early access
Bless Unleashed: Open beta
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha, alpha now expected in 2020
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Beta testing in 2020
New World: CBT in April 2020, launching May 2020
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide Arena: Early access
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight Frontiers: Closed alpha, no NDA
Valiance Online: Alpha