While Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIV is enjoying rousing success here in the west, its other MMO — Dragon Quest X — never made it across the Pacific. Today, the Battle Bards assemble to examine the soundtrack to this overlooked fantasy game and see how it holds up by itself and in comparison to the Dragon Quest franchise.
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 161 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Bright Horizons,” “Soprano of Blue,” and “The Race of Water”)
- “The Heavens”
- “Good Night Villagers”
- “Town Music”
- “Melody of the Blade”
- “Exploring the Hills”
- Which one did we like most?
- Listener notes from Druidsfire, Bill Champagne, Katriana, and Wolfy
- Jukebox Picks: “Endless World” from Dragon Quest II, “Main Theme” from Toonstruck, and “Edge Water” from The Outer Worlds
- Outro (feat. “Comedic Fight”)