You can be glib and accuse Temtem of basically being a slight variant of Pokémon, but you cannot accuse the developers of lacking ambition. Not only does the game have big plans for 2020 that include player housing, it has even bigger plans for 2021! Including console launches! Kind of puts your own planning not extending beyond “get a pizza for dinner and watch Netflix” to shame, doesn’t it?
Actually, now I feel bad, too. Let’s move on.
- A new closed beta test is coming for Population Zero on March 6th, so you can look forward to that next week. Of course, that also means its population will no longer be zero, but I think we’ve made jokes about the title before.
- Bless Unleashed is not actually launching quite yet, but the game’s headstart has kicked off for those who chose to buy into the title this time around.
- It’s like Black Desert Online, but less desert and more arena! It’s Shadow Arena, and it’s in testing now!
- Good news, Blue Protocol fans (which in this case mostly means “onlookers”)! The game is definitely starting out and testing in Japan, but it is due for worldwide release! Joy of joys.
- Last but not least, there are alpha builds being deployed for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands. But they’re encrypted, so they’re all very secret. You don’t get to be excited.
And now, my friends, we must say adieu – but don’t worry, there’s a list of games in testing just below! If something is missing or slipped into a new status without us noticing, you can let us know about it down in the comments.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one phase one; Apocalypse early access
Bless Unleashed: Headstart access, launches March 12th
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Chronicles of Elyria: Pre-alpha
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha, alpha now expected in 2020
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Beta testing in 2020
New World: Closed alpha, launching May 2020
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Phantasy Star Online 2: Closed beta on Xbox One (PC version expected)
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight III: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha