So, the bad news for Star Citizen fans is that some features of its next major patch are being removed, and by “some” we mean “so many that there’s a visual guide to all of the things planned for this patch that will not be there.” Maybe they’re fixing a font or something. The good news is nothing. The cool fan news is a fan-made magazine. Sorted.
Let’s move on to other beta news, yes? Yes.
- Shadow Arena is moving into full-on early access on May 21st. Finally, you have a chance to fight in the shadowiest of arenas. Hence the name.
- Blue Protocol started up another round of testing, and it was popular, but perhaps less popular will be the bits of software checking currently in the test version. That one might come back to bite it.
- APB Reloaded has an engine upgrade under development, and you can see how it’s rolling along in new footage if you’re eager to play it for yourself.
- It looks like Magic Legends is going to have housing in its realm systems, but those realms will feature a little more than just a place to hang decorations. It also might be just a UI element. Maybe. It’s a bit vague.
- Last but not least, Torchlight III definitely has forts. It’s even showing them off now.
Now, why don’t you go make yourself a mug of your favorite hot beverage and settle in for a whole list of games in testing just below? It should be fun for the family, if the family likes reading lists of games. And if something skipped to a new testing phase without us noticing, the family (you) can let us know in the comments!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one testing in May; Apocalypse early access has ended
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha, alpha now expected in 2020
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Elyon: Korean beta (fka Ascent Infinite Realm)
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Beta testing in 2020
New World: Closed alpha, launching May 2020
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight III: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha