So… about Chronicles of Elyria. Yes, it has laid off its entire staff and the studio founder announced that it was shuttering. But it seems that the new claim is that no, it’s totally still in development, this is absolutely happening despite… you know, every other piece of evidence. The top brass is well and truly dedicated to… well, either the game they pitched or avoiding investigation by the attorney general, one or the other.
Other beta news? Yes, please.
- Haxity is entering early access on Steam on May 26th, and to commemorate this fact, it has a whole trailer for you.
- Wild Terra 2 has some new packs for you to purchase along with a video showing off its improved construction systems.
- Mortal Online devs have begun the closed combat alpha for Mortal Online 2.
- The anti-cheat software on Valorant can now be more easily turned off, which… like, kind of defeats the purpose, not that it was a great bundle to begin with.
- After its initial open beta launch, Starborne is celebrating some important milestones.
- Last but not least, Mark Jacobs would like people to know that the 90-day plan for Camelot Unchained is still on-track. So that’s good news!
Now that that’s all done, why don’t you take a look at the list of games down below? That is totally actually under development, but if you spot something down there that swears it’s still in beta when it’s really launched or whatever, let us know so we can investigate. It’s fun to do.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Alpha one testing in May; Apocalypse early access has ended
Camelot Unchained: Closed beta one
Children of Ur: Open alpha, further development merged with Eleven
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha, alpha now expected in 2020
Cube World: Closed beta since September 23rd
Dauntless: Open beta
Dark and Light: Early access
Dual Universe: Alpha
ECO: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Elyon: Korean beta (fka Ascent Infinite Realm)
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Kurtzpel: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Guardians of Ember: Open beta
Hearthstone Battleground Mode: Open beta
Inferna: Early access
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Magic: Legends: Beta testing in 2020
Mortal Online 2: Closed alpha
New World: Closed alpha, launching August 2020
Occupy White Walls: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Open beta
Outlaws of the Old West: Early access
Pantheon: Backer pre-alpha
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha, servers offline for restructuring with SpatialOS
Project Gorgon: Early access beta
Prosperous Universe: Early access
Saga of Lucimia: Closed alpha
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Ship of Heroes: Alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Temtem: Early access
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Cycle: Alpha, weekly test cycle
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
Torchlight III: Closed alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha