Do you ever walk on the wild side in MMOs? Do you have a penchant for beastly races that aren’t merely reskinned humans? Then you might find something to like in today’s offerings from the Battle Bards. It’s a show full of tracks that pay homage to the animalistic races in MMORPGs, but the most savage thing of them all? Syl’s put-downs.
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 169 show notes
- Intro (feat. “A Savage Beauty” from TERA, “Scatherran Forest Critter Glen” from RIFT, and “Kloro” from Glitch)
- “The Charr Triumphant” from Guild Wars 2
- “Namazu Beast Tribe” from Final Fantasy XIV
- “M5” from Furcadia
- “Taunka Night” from World of Warcraft
- “Chardok” from EverQuest II
- “Weaponizing of Maniacal Furballs” from WildStar
- “Purr of the Hunter” from Elder Scrolls Online
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener notes from Zoward and Minimalistway
- Jukebox Picks: “Welcome Horizons” from Animal Crossing: New Horizons, “Sneaky Driver” from Katana ZERO, and “Twilight in Dreamlands” from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
- Outro (feat. “Quaggan Command” from Guild Wars 2)