Running from 2007 to 2016, ChangYou’s Dragon Oath is probably one of those MMORPGs you’ve never heard of, nevermind actually played. Yet when Syl stumbled upon it on YouTube, she knew it was a soundtrack for the Battle Bards to highlight. Take a journey with the team today as they visit this Bhuddist-inspired MMO and hear the sounds of this Chinese soundtrack.
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 174 show notes
- Intro (“Da Li,” “Horse Farm,” and “Voodoo Sea”)
- “Main Theme”
- “Wild Plains”
- “Fire Palace”
- “Stone Forest/Jade Valley”
- “Mt. Emei”
- “Mt. Infinity”
- Which one did we like best?
- Jukebox picks: “Character Creation” from Moonlight Blade, “Tensil Theme” from Anachronox, and “Cacti Canyon” from Minecraft Dungeons
- Outro (feat. “South Rainforest”)