If you were following Ship of Heroes this past summer, you know that Heroic Games ran several beta events for backers and looky-loos during the season. But those betas are over now, and the team has recapped what it learned. Notably:
- Y’all like Devastators the best, followed by Tankers.
- The team is working on making these types of “fight[s] more structured and less chaotic.”
- “Death lag” is probably being caused by a server memory leak, and the devs are aware of chat lag too, but animation budgeting was apparently a big success.
- The enemies will be fighting in proper teams (just like you!) in the future.
- The teaming UI is also due for some love, both for comms and healing and buffing.
If you missed out on the fun, don’t despair, as apparently more events are on the way this fall.
“We will return with the new and improved invasion Beta event 2.0, hopefully sometime in the next 4-6 weeks, so be on the lookout! In the meantime, we plan to explain some of the details of the SoH mission creation tools and processes’ we hope you will find that enjoyable.”
You can also watch our attempts during the last invasion in our stream down below!