On this week’s show, Bree and Justin discuss Microsoft’s $7.5 billion acquisition of Bethesda, the frequent death of Echo of Soul, Fallout 76’s busy week, Conan Exile’s first expansion, Phantasy Star Online 2’s next patch, and how marketers use the fear of missing out to influence us.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
Listen to the show right now:
- Adventures in MMOs: World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies
- News: Microsoft acquires Bethesda and ZeniMax
- News: Fallout 76 releases One Wasteland update, rearranges road map
- News: Conan Exiles breaks out Isle of Siptah expansion
- News: Elder Scrolls Online’s last DLC of 2020 is coming this November
- News: Echo of Soul dies (again)
- News: Phantasy Star Online 2’s Episode 5 is coming September 30th
- News: Final Fantasy XVI is announced
- News: Crowfall talks about going back to earlier MMO evolutionary branches
- Mailbag: FOMO marketing tactics
- Download Episode 289
- Podcast theme: “Ever Upwards” from FFXIV
- Your show hosts: Justin and Bree
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, and Spotify
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.