One of the more intriguing things about World of Warcraft Shadowlands, at least for me, is the game’s new leveling system. While brand-new accounts will have to play a tutorial and then Battle for Azeroth before pushing into Shadowlands, alts will have the opportunity to choose any of the expansions, including the Cataclysm vanilla zones or BFA, to level through on the journey to level 50, when the current content begins. Although alts can dip around in all the game’s zones as they choose, it’ll be possible to play from 10 to 50 in just one expansion, meaning you could have an alt that had never done more than, say, Burning Crusade.
Personally, while I think Wrath of the Lich King’s design philosophy was peak WoW, I actually loved the world and questing in Mists of Pandaria more. So if I were to go back and roll an alt, I’d probably want to replay those zones first. How about you? To which WoW expansion era will you send your Shadowlands alts first?
Leaderboard: Which WoW expansion do you most want to play through with Shadowlands?
- Post-Cataclysm Vanilla (Old World) (4%, 39 Votes)
- The Burning Crusade (Outland) (8%, 76 Votes)
- Wrath of the Lich King (Northrend) (25%, 228 Votes)
- Cataclysm (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor) (4%, 34 Votes)
- Mists of Pandaria (Pandaria) (18%, 163 Votes)
- Warlords of Draenor (Draenor) (10%, 89 Votes)
- Legion (Broken Isles) (10%, 87 Votes)
- Battle for Azeroth (Kul Tiras, Zandalar) (1%, 11 Votes)
- I'm a rebel, I'm gonna hop around and play more than one (6%, 53 Votes)
- I'm a noob, so I have to go through Battle for Azeroth (1%, 12 Votes)
- I'm not gonna play WoW or Shadowlands (7%, 64 Votes)
- No reply / view tally / blood elf butts (4%, 40 Votes)
Total Voters: 741