Nexon’s late, doomed MapleStory 2 gets a resurrection of sorts, as the Battle Bards salvage the soundtrack and deliver it, shining and sparkly, to you. It’s a surprisingly good score with lots of interesting themes, and as such, Steff, Syl, and Syp are excited to talk about it. So rest in peace, MapleStory 2, we think you left behind a delightful musical legacy.
Battle Bards is the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 184 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Rune Blader Cave,” “Black Star,” and “Ice Age Field”)
- “Knight Theme”
- “Perion Field 1”
- “Historic Desert”
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener note from Katriana
- Jukebox picks: “Flying in the Sky” from Super Robot Wars F, “Rey’s Theme” from Sims 4: Journey to Batuu, and “Volcano” from Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
- Outro (feat. “Wizard Theme”)