When you have a growing roster of games under your umbrella, why not take advantage of this fact to throw an ambitious multi-title event that spans the summer season? That’s what Riot Games is thinking, at least, because it’s just kicked off Sentinels of Light, a story-driven event that’s popping up in all of its five titles in various forms.
These appearances include:
- Releasing the champion Akshan in Legends of Runeterra, Teamfight Tactics, League of Legends, and Wild Rift this month.
- Offering a story experience in League of Legends that pays out in skins.
- Playing through an AR experience in Wild Rift.
- Collecting 21 new cards in a “mini-expansion” for Legends of Runeterra.
- Enjoying a mid-set update with Sentinel-themed origins in Teamfight Tactics.
- Buying Sentinel-themed weapon skin bundles in Valorant.
The studio is using this event to help raise money for the Riot Games Social Impact Fund by “inviting players to nominate a nonprofit or cause area for grant funding, purchase charity bundles in League of Legends, and raise additional money for charity by completing in-game challenges in Legends of Runeterra, League of Legends: Wild Rift and Teamfight Tactics.”