Guild Wars 2’s patch this week turned out to have a lot more packed into the notes than you might’ve thought. In addition to a long list of bug fixes – including yet another round of attempted fixes for the Soo-Won fight – ArenaNet has added the Xunlai Jade Junkyard strike mission challenge mode and improved the experience of fishing with a skiff health bar and better fish drop rates.
But the community chatter focuses on the tweaks to specific classes in competitive PvP content. Notably, the studio has:
- nerfed the Necromancer’s Rise, Death Nova, Unholy Feast, Well of Suffering, and Well of Corruption in order to “bring down some of the primary sources of ranged area-of-effect damage to create more opportunities for melee pushes”;
- nerfed the Revenant’s Coalescence of Ruin, Phase Smash, Tree Song, Battle Dance, Saint’s Shield and buffed the Vindicator’s defensive capabilities;
- nerfed the Elementalists Meteor Shower, Firestorm, and Fiery Eruption;
- nerfed the Guardian’s Symbol of Punishment and Sword of Justice;
- nerfed multiple Mechanist defensive skills;
- nerfed the Untamed’s Tail Swipe;
- nerfed the Specter’s shadow force gain;
- and nerfed Rune of the Trapper’s stealth duration.
But do remember, these changes are isolated to PvP, so most folks won’t see their effects anyhow.