Leaderboard: What’s the best classic MMORPG still running?
By design, end-of-the-year awards rollouts usually recognize the new shinies. Seldom do they honor the resilient MMORPGs, the games that solider on for years and years with consistent updates and stalwart communities in spite of their age and sometimes obscurity.
But Massively OP remembers! And thanks to commenter Agemyth, who suggested this topic, we’re going to put it to a vote. Do note that we’ve included a wide range of gracefully aging games that gamers might consider classic due to the era of their launch. No, we didn’t include World of Warcraft. No, we didn’t include games that aren’t still running. Onward to the future where the past lives on in the present!
What's the best classic MMORPG still running?
- Age of Conan (1%, 26 Votes)
- Anarchy Online (2%, 41 Votes)
- Asheron's Call (2%, 55 Votes)
- Asheron's Call 2 (0%, 6 Votes)
- A Tale in the Desert (0%, 4 Votes)
- Battleground Europe (0%, 1 Votes)
- Dark Age of Camelot (3%, 85 Votes)
- Dofus (0%, 12 Votes)
- Dungeons & Dragons Online (21%, 561 Votes)
- EVE Online (4%, 106 Votes)
- EverQuest (6%, 173 Votes)
- EverQuest II (4%, 118 Votes)
- Fallen Earth (0%, 3 Votes)
- Final Fantasy XI (3%, 90 Votes)
- Guild Wars (3%, 70 Votes)
- Lineage (0%, 12 Votes)
- Lord of the Rings Online (40%, 1,091 Votes)
- Meridian 59 (0%, 6 Votes)
- Pirates of the Burning Sea (0%, 2 Votes)
- RuneScape (2%, 46 Votes)
- Ryzom (0%, 11 Votes)
- Second Life (0%, 6 Votes)
- Ultima Online (5%, 122 Votes)
- Wurm Online (0%, 6 Votes)
- I can't believe you forgot X! I'm going to go down to the comments and politely suggest it right now! (2%, 46 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,699