Yesterday we reported on the unsettling news that multiple senior developers and producers were no longer attached to Anthem, including lead producer Michael Gamble, executive producer Mark Darrah, and director Jonathan Warner. While it was clear from the tweets that somebody was still working on Anthem, BioWare’s apparent shifting of key studio reps to what is presumably Dragon Age 4 had the already-frustrated Anthem community dejected indeed.
But since then, those devs have rushed to clarify that BioWare isn’t actually abandoning Anthem. Warner will be returning to the game after personal time, and Gamble tweeted that “the studio’s support and commitment to anthem HAS. NOT. CHANGED.”
BioWare’s Chad Robertson likewise says the company is “100% committed to Anthem” and working on new content. “Along with @BenIrvo and I, we’ve got a big team between Austin and Edmonton focused and motivated for improving the game,” he said. “We appreciate your support and for being on this journey with us.”
We remain 100% committed to Anthem and look forward to showing players the new content we are working on. We want to make sure we aren’t overpromising, so our updates on what’s coming in the game will be focused when we have things near completion.
— Chad Robertson (@crobertson_atx) May 3, 2019