Betawatch: June 26th, 2015
Is there anything as marvelous as finding out that your game got so heavily exploited that the whole game needs to be wiped? If you’re playing Ark: Survival Evolved, let us know what that’s like. Fortunately for players, there’s now a bounty system in place for hacks and an official server for folks from the site, so that’s awesome.
Other stuff happened with testing this week, too! We were told about it, and it did in fact happen!
- The closed beta for Inspirit Online has started. When does it end? Nobody knows. But probably two to five weeks.
- If you were one of the people who knew that Salem was still technically in beta, well… it’s not any longer. Even technically. It’s officially launched, like, officially.
- Lineage Eternal started a distinctly non-eternal round of focus group testing.
- One final closed beta test for Skyforge is happening now, with plans to finalize the open beta after this test is concluded.
- Players looking to get in on beta testing The Division can sign up for that.
- Last but not least, World of Warships managed to kind of bungle its Humble Bundle entry with a promise that the items included in said bundle would carry over to open beta… only to promptly reverse that stance.
And yes, there are more games in testing, which we’ve linked down below. If you know of something else that’s in testing or swapped phases without us noticing, please, do let us know down in the comments if you would.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases aimed for summer
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta (NA); soft-launches July 2nd
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in 2015
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta #4 ongoing, open beta/launch this summer
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha, launching Q4 2015
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta