Let’s get this out of the way up front: No, Ragnarok Online 2 isn’t the type of game that you’d think would have a terrific soundtrack, and yes, it totally has a terrific soundtrack. On this episode, the Battle Bards skip through renowned Japanese composer Yoko Kanno’s score, picking out their favorite tracks from this fantasy MMO. Will they convince you that this is a hidden gem? Listen and see!
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin Olivetti co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
We’ve got Episode 71: Ragnarok Online 2 for you after the break!
Episode 71 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Beginners” and “Misha”)
- “EverLand (Instrumental)”
- “Yoru (Violin)”
- “Small Dungeon”
- “Clap and Walk”
- “Din Don Dan Dan”
- “Stone Music”
- Which one did we like best?
- Jukebox picks (feat. “Sinister Euphoria” from Aura Kingdom,“A Writer’s Dream” from Alan Wake, and “The Battle of Lil’ Slugger” from Super Meat Boy)
- Outro (feat. “Boss Battle [Karaoke]”)