Betawatch: Secret World Legends opens the beta doors (June 9, 2017)
If you’re an active player of The Secret World, you can get into the Secret World Legends beta at this point. Really, you can! The NDA is still in full effect, though, so this is different from the game’s headstart kicking off on June 23rd. You can also catch up on the current state of the various weapons, and take a look at both parts of MJ’s impressions about the title.
There was, of course, other beta news. How could we avoid it? The world is always in motion.
- The final patch for Albion Online before its launch next moth has arrived, which means you can play around with the black market and revised areas to your heart’s content. A certain degree of contentment is expected, although it is not mandatory.
- EverEmber Reborn is a new take on the concepts behind EverEmber Online, which may or may not matter to you depending on whether or not you remember the latter. It’s not a sequel or remake, but a new MMOARPG set in the same universe, so perhaps that’s enough to pique your interest.
- Character creation for Worlds Adrift will apparently not be very robust at launch. You have to start somewhere, but you can’t start anywhere until the next set of founder keys are released.
- The beta test for the next Path of Exile expansion has started up. Want to know about it? Good, here’s everything you’ll need to know. Isn’t that straightforward? Yes.
- Last but not least, the beta signups are open for Dark and Light, so go ahead and sign up if you’re interested. There are rumors it’ll be available on Steam next month, but that’s still just a rumor.
The fact that we have a whole bunch of games down below, though? That’s not a rumor. That’s a fact. There’s a list right down there, and if something has slipped into a new test phase without us noticing, we trust you to tell us. We also trust you to tell us about betas you’re enjoying. We trust you with lots of stuff.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta, launching July 17th
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kritika Online: Closed beta
LawBreakers: Closed beta weekends
Legends of Aria: Alpha, formerly known as Shards Online
Life is Feudal: Closed beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Launching June 21st
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Sea of Thieves: Technical alpha
Secret World Legends: Closed beta, launching June 26th
SkySaga: Open beta soft launch approaching, date not yet announced
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Closed alpha
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Closed beta