It’s tradition around here to take stock of Daybreak’s MMO offerings every year, thanks to the fact that one of the first big stories we did after moving from Massively-that-was to MOP centered on Daybreak’s massive transition from SOE and then round upon round of layoffs, way back in 2015. Last year, we counted it out: Daybreak has now shut down approximately 16 games, most of them in the last few years – more than most studios will ever launch.
In 2015, you all thought Dragon’s Prophet was the most vulnerable game in the stable. You were right; it shut down, at least on this side of the pond, that same year. Last year, however, you suspected PlanetSide 2 was most likely to crumble, but instead, the game is still going and picked up a largish patch toward the end of the year. How about this year? Has anything changed with the company that once won best studio four years in a row thanks to its one-time reputation for keeping beloved MMORPGs going? Which Daybreak MMO do you think is most vulnerable now?
Leaderboard: Which Daybreak MMO is most vulnerable in 2018?
- DCUO (11%, 54 Votes)
- EverQuest (5%, 23 Votes)
- EverQuest II (7%, 36 Votes)
- H1Z1 (the artist formerly known as H1Z1 King of the Kill) (6%, 29 Votes)
- Just Survive (the artist formerly known as H1Z1 Just Survive) (20%, 103 Votes)
- PlanetSide 2 (14%, 69 Votes)
- The Standing Stone MMOs (7%, 34 Votes)
- The unannounced game (7%, 36 Votes)
- All of the above (21%, 106 Votes)
- None of the above (3%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 503