Leaderboard: What’s the most vulnerable Daybreak MMO in 2018?
It’s tradition around here to take stock of Daybreak’s MMO offerings every year, thanks to the fact that one of the first big stories we did after moving from Massively-that-was to MOP centered on Daybreak’s massive transition from SOE and then round upon round of layoffs, way back in 2015. Last year, we counted it out: Daybreak has now shut down approximately 16 games, most of them in the last few years – more than most studios will ever launch.
In 2015, you all thought Dragon’s Prophet was the most vulnerable game in the stable. You were right; it shut down, at least on this side of the pond, that same year. Last year, however, you suspected PlanetSide 2 was most likely to crumble, but instead, the game is still going and picked up a largish patch toward the end of the year. How about this year? Has anything changed with the company that once won best studio four years in a row thanks to its one-time reputation for keeping beloved MMORPGs going? Which Daybreak MMO do you think is most vulnerable now?
Leaderboard: Which Daybreak MMO is most vulnerable in 2018?
- DCUO (11%, 54 Votes)
- EverQuest (5%, 23 Votes)
- EverQuest II (7%, 36 Votes)
- H1Z1 (the artist formerly known as H1Z1 King of the Kill) (6%, 29 Votes)
- Just Survive (the artist formerly known as H1Z1 Just Survive) (20%, 103 Votes)
- PlanetSide 2 (14%, 69 Votes)
- The Standing Stone MMOs (7%, 34 Votes)
- The unannounced game (7%, 36 Votes)
- All of the above (21%, 106 Votes)
- None of the above (3%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 503