I keep seeing these “should I play Astellia Online or ArcheAge Unchained” threads pop up across Reddit, and at first, I thought it was a silly comparison, but on reflection, I can see how it makes some sense. For starters, they’re both launching next week (something that I think happens to favor ArcheAge). They’re both Korean MMORPGs that saw some significant retooling for the western market. And they’re both using B2P models to one degree or another.
But there, the similarities may end, as ArcheAge Unchained is essentially a new clean server for a game that’s been live here in the west for five years, and it’s much more of a sandbox type of MMO than Astellia’s more combat-oriented take on the online KRPG.
What say you? Which one are you going for, and why? And if not, why not?
Leaderboard: Astellia Online vs Archeage Unchained?
- ArcheAge Unchained (51%, 325 Votes)
- Astellia Online (14%, 88 Votes)
- Why not both? (6%, 37 Votes)
- I'm still wait-and-see (12%, 75 Votes)
- Neither - I'm playing something else (tell us in the comments) (11%, 68 Votes)
- Nothing - I'm not playing any MMOs atm (2%, 12 Votes)
- No response / view tally (5%, 33 Votes)
Total Voters: 638