Massively OP reader Filur tipped us off this week about Amazon Game Studios’ big unboxing event for its unannounced video game later this month, and there’s been lots of speculation that the game might just be an MMO.
Think that’s far-fetched? Consider that Amazon launched a new game engine and multiplayer game service (Lumberyard/GameLift) earlier this year and has been snapping up Seattle-based MMORPG developers and production staffers left and right, including Jeff Grubb, Eric Flannum, Jon Peters, and Stephen Fowler — all four from ArenaNet.
What do you think? Is Amazon working on an MMO or something else? To the pollmobile!
What do you think Amazon is revealing this month?
- It's a full-fledged MMORPG. (31%, 188 Votes)
- It's an MMO with player sharding capabilities. (10%, 62 Votes)
- It's a multiplayer game, but not an MMORPG - maybe an ARPG. (18%, 109 Votes)
- It's a MOBA or shooter. (10%, 60 Votes)
- It's a mobile game. (12%, 75 Votes)
- It's some other genre entirely. (2%, 15 Votes)
- No opinion / elf butts. (17%, 104 Votes)
Total Voters: 613