We’re just going to put this out there: Crowfall’s Eternal Kingdoms are more than just the “social backbone” of the game; they’re one of the core mechanics of persistence that make Crowfall a true MMO. So it’s worth paying attention when the devs at ArtCraft spill more info on just how the EKs work, which is exactly what they’ve done in a new video today.
The Kingdoms are basically persistent player-controlled groups of parcels that are placed and then built up by guilds, separate from the constantly changing, multi-ruleset battleground areas. The bigger and richer the guild, the better-equipped its Kingdom will be.
- The ability to plan and reshape their Eternal Kingdoms by placing mountains, valleys, rivers and forests, constructing buildings and strongholds and creating the greatest cities.
- The power to dictate the law of their land as a true king and ruler, including a wide range of PvP rules.
- Dedicated servers to host their own kingdoms, complete with the ability to control access and admin rights for other players.
- The ability to invite others to visit or join the kingdoms and become permanent vassals there, fostering alliances and social interplay.
- In order to build up their Eternal Kingdoms to their fullest potential, players will have to gather and use a wide range of resources, the best of them which can only be found in the dangerous environments of the Campaign Worlds.”
Crowfall is currently testing the latest update to the EKs, so if you have no plans to ever become a monarch in the game, now might be the best time to get your hands on these tools.