Please note, all commands assume you are facing right; reverse commands if you are facing left. All combos assume you are also playing in-person; otherwise, please ensure that the other person is on a voice chat. These combos should work in every version of the game wherein these characters are playable.
- Ryu: Open with Up-Forward + Jab, then use Forward Kick in the air. Before you land, spray your opponent in the face with a water bottle, then use a Fierce Hadoken and say, “Nice.”
- Cammy: Short Kick, Forward + Short, Forward + Strong, “Your mother and I have been talking and we think it’s time for you to move out of the house,” Down-Forward + Roundhouse
- Chun-Li: Jump in with a Roundhouse kick repeatedly until your opponent uses an air counter, then immediately press away, say a cuss word, say that one didn’t count and you deserve one free hit, then storm out of the room.
- Sagat: Some direction and some button, then do the same thing immediately, over and over, and then if you lost it was the fault of network lag.
- Zangief: Back + Jab, Jab, Forward, put down the controller, put your hand on the other player’s shoulder, and say “maybe we should kiss to break the tension.” If the other player reacts with revulsion, start crying. If the other player is into it, begin a passionate romance, then Forward + Roundhouse.
- Ken: Answer What Are You Playing or something. I don’t know, who even plays Ken? Just do a dragon punch or a barrel roll.
Brianna Royce (@nbrianna, blog): Same as last week for me. I took a tiny break from Star Wars Galaxies Legends after my housing article (it took a ton of time!), so I’ve been relaxing farming and cooking in Lord of the Rings Online. So this weekend, I’ll probably do a bit of both. And I’m still very slowly working through my Itch.io games.
I’m team declutter over here, so there really isn’t much I haven’t already purged – except for the pile of things I’d really like to put on Craigslist and can’t during pandemic times. I know I’ve got a chair, a table, and three bins of those awful Vtech toys waiting in the basement.
Carlo Lacsina (@UltraMudkipEX), YouTube): If I have time this weekend it’ll be Black Desert Online. I’m trying to get caught up on all this season server madness. I really need that free earring for my main! It’s a good time to start now that most of the rush is over and the playerbase has split up more.
Chris Neal (@wolfyseyes, blog): I’ve had the itch to try out the seasonal servers of Black Desert. I’ve rolled a Guardian and while she hits like an absolute tank, I’m not sure I like her enough to continue. So I might try something else or pick up my normal Lahn again. There will also probably be lots of Mechwarrior 5; now that it can be modded, it’s a vastly superior experience.
We’re trying to slowly replace most of the things we own now with our own stuff since they were largely hand-me-downs. To that point, I would love to replace all of my kitchenware, but can’t because money.
Eliot Lefebvre (@Eliot_Lefebvre, blog): Got a game to review. Got a book to read. Got a house project to work on in Final Fantasy XIV. Soda Dungeon 2 is out. There are a couple other things. Point being that there’s stuff to do.
So my wife has an ancient chair from a discount furniture store that neither of us like. It’s ugly, it’s not all that comfortable, one of the cushions is awful, and so forth. We’d love to get rid of it or replace it… but the cats both love it, and that means that it kind of has to stay where it is despite that fact.
I think I’d get rid of some old toys that no one plays with anymore. Except for the random moments when those toys are super important. So they stay around.
Tyler Edwards (blog): Working through some recent Steam sale acquisitions. Currently playing an ARPG called Shadows: Awakening. It’s actually quite good so far. Kind of a diamond in the rough. The gimmick is you’re playing as a demon who has harvested various souls, and you can swap between each soul on the fly. It’s basically a party-based RPG where you can only have one member of the party on the field at any given time. Very unique.
Bonus question: If I thought hard enough, I could perhaps think of something, but nothing’s really coming to mind right now.
Patron Pierre: Another The Last of Us weekend for me, but a longer one than usual as I took my Monday off and Tuesday is our national holiday here in France. That’s a lot of time for gaming, yeah!! ^^ And just as I did last weekend, I’ll continue my The Last of Us NG+ and play The Last of Us Part II, probably not in equal shares, as I’ll let my whims and fancies guide me. If I have time and want to get away from the sometimes depressing post-apocalyptic world of TLOU, I’ll probably play some Final Fantasy XI but very casually.
Bonus question: If only I could get rid of my bed, and of the need to sleep 7 to 8 hours each and every night… it’s a lot of precious time lost. I think I read somewhere that over a lifetime, you sleep for years. I don’t remember exactly how many, but it’s too many.
And you MOP readers, what’s on your plate for this weekend? Some MMOs probably… I’m curious, as usual.