Earlier this morning, Black Desert held its digital Heidel Ball event, which was stuffed to the rafters with announcements and reveals. At the top of the list is the new Corsair class, which is arriving on June 29th and can be pre-created starting on June 23rd. As with other classes in BDO, this one has a story-filled trailer and a combat trailer, both of which will be embedded below.
June 23rd is also when players can create their character for the summer season server, which will also open on June 29th. In the case of the Corsair pre-creation and season server pre-creation, there are a number of rewards that are being handed out for those who participate. Speaking of free goodies, players who log in between June 20th and August 4th will be handed a Burning Moon Tail, which can be traded in for materials that effectively guarantees a PEN V accessory.
There were even more content announcements made during the event, including:
- The single-player Terror of Deep Sea content on August 26th.
- New Red Battlefield maps in the form of the Northern Plain of Serendia on August 19th and the Capital City of Valencia sometime in September or October.
- A rework to trade in September that will let players work for or be the head of the Merchant Guild among other updates.
- A three week-long reboot for the game’s old classes, with 17 classes due to see updated skill effects, hit rates, and unique traits starting in mid-October.
- Finally, a story rework that will require less mashing the R button to get through dialogue.
There were other updates shared as well, so make sure to check out the synopsis link above, or you can watch the complete broadcast below if you prefer.