It seems like The Division was going to forever be the title that didn’t quite make its way to an actual beta test, but that’s finally changing. After rumors that its beta was coming this month, it was confirmed that the tests will start right around the end of January… and stop very soon thereafter. So it’s more of the “stress test” sort of beta. There’s some new gameplay footage for those among you who can’t wait until the end of the month.
And now for my next trick, yes, it’s more stuff going on over the past week in the beta field!
- Titan Siege wants to find more people to play the game as the game moves into open beta, complete with trailer.
- Do you own a PlayStation 4? Do you want to play Paragon on that console? Does your cat smell bad? The first two are great, because you’ll soon be able to test the game on the console. Cat issues are outside of our wheelhouse.
- Open beta testing for Bless Online starts in Korea on January 27th.
- If you’re eager to start getting in on Eternal Crusade, the game will be coming to Steam Early Access in the near future.
- World of Warcraft brought back Legion testing after its holiday break. We’ve heard the expansion gained like eight pounds.
- Escape from Tarkov answers some fan questions before its planned Alpha test in February
- Last but not least, for those worried that The Repopulation had come to the end of the road, you’ll be happy to know that more development plans will be announced toward the end of the month.
Is there a list down there? Silly question, of course there’s a list. You know to let us know if we missed something, yes? Awesome!
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean and Japanese open beta, North American closed beta, release in early 2016
Blade & Soul: Closed beta, release in January 2016
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha testing; no recent updates on development
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: First wave of closed alpha
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Paragon: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues