The Crowfall team has stated its plans to release the Siege Perilous update this month for testers, and the Ranger archetype was originally scheduled to release alongside it. Surprise! The Ranger showed up early in all of her melee-and-ranged glory! She’s a sneaky one. You can also check out a preview of upcoming changes to the UI and a full-screen viewport, if you’re so inclined.
Other beta news? Oh, yes indeed!
- Infestation World, formerly known as Infestation: Survivor Stories, formerly known as The War Z, never known as Prince, is now in open beta for an April launch. You may wish to catch up.
- The open beta for SMITE on the PlayStation 4 is here, if you felt like the console just wasn’t complete without deities to smash. To be fair, it’s kind of a thing that happens on PlayStation consoles.
- Wild Terra is opening up its 0.8 update to players to test over the weekend; if you want to play with character gender and explore some new safe zones in the world, it’s best to download the test client.
- Eternal Crusade has dropped a new patch with bigger maps and a whole new gameplay mode for testers to try out, and it even has a launch infographic. This comes on the heels of the Warhammer-themed MOBA, Dark Nexus Arena, calling it quits this week.
- A big old patch landed on the Landmark servers before launch. There were some changes that didn’t quite make it into the patch notes, though, and if you needed a reminder that the game is still in testing, the patch was just a little bit broken and needed some fixing. Possibly even more fixing.
- Last but not least, if you can’t get enough of digital card games, Chronicle: RuneScape Legends has moved into open beta, with a promise of no random numbers, no mana, no artificial sweeteners, and no sleep until Brooklyn. At least the first couple.
Oh, yes, and there’s the full list of games in testing just below, as you like it. Let us know if something down there swapped states without us catching it, we do appreciate your vigilance added to our own. Like some kind of vigilance gestalt.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Asta: Open beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, development in crunch for beta
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
EVE: Valkyrie: Testing ends on March 12th, launch on March 28th
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games, launch expected in March
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active, launching in spring
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta, launching May 24th
Paragon: Closed beta, early access starts March 18th
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff planned
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues