- “Stat sticks” – that is, off-hand weapons held primarily for stats – will be a thing of the past. “We found that with this change it was important to make skillbinds specific to your weapon set,” Grinding Gear says.
- Slowing effects will now be capped at 75%. That’s a bit of a needed nerf.
- Uniques will see a wide rebalance.
- Hierophant, Champion, and cold-based DOT archetypes will be better supported.
- Energy Shield Recharge will no longer be interrupted by non-damage.
- Plus there are still more tweaks coming to the Atlas.
However, don’t expect self-casting changes in this particular update. Patch notes for the expansion are expected later today.
Every release, we choose some specific game balance issues to address and adjust. The patch notes tomorrow will provide the comprehensive list of changes. The team has written a Development Manifesto to outline some specific changes.https://t.co/mlc8vok8p4 pic.twitter.com/wjHJ1z3Jtp
— Path of Exile (@pathofexile) December 4, 2018
Last week we announced the updates to the Atlas in Path of Exile: Betrayal. Based on community feedback, we've made some further improvements. Today's news outlines a few of the extra changes that are coming.https://t.co/TcpFOVBbwj pic.twitter.com/Txhd3704Wb
— Path of Exile (@pathofexile) December 3, 2018