The Camelot Unchained team is in the midst of a hard crunch period to get the game ready for full beta testing. The good news is that the team is getting some reinforcements as another stretch goal has been achieved, meaning that the developers will be at least marginally less likely to lose their collective minds. The team also took some time to discuss balance in a game focused around PvP.
Meanwhile, we bid farewell to Black Desert, as the game finally leaves our testing list in concert with its full post-headstart launch. But there are other games in testing and moving through the test phases, which this feature will begin discussing in no specific order as always:
- Asta has entered its open testing period, which means that we can finally see if the game will have more success here than it did in its native country. Let’s hope so, in fact, because the alternative ending to this story is really depressing.
- Figureheads has begun its open beta in Japan, although the beta is not IP-locked for those who can speak Japanese or are willing to muddle through Japanese characters in the hopes of getting customizable robot shooting to happen. If your last effort to do that resulted in you purchasing fourteen pounds of raw squid, you might want to just wait and hope for a local release.
- Trinium Wars has entered its early access period on Steam, so you can jump in and play that. Assuming you buy in first, because of course you do.
- Smite is in testing on the PlayStation 4, which should provide your dose of deity violence if you’re waiting for a new installment of God of War to hit the console.
- Paragon is not yet in any sort of early access, just in testing. It is going to be available to buy in via founder’s packs on March 18th, just the same.
Oh, yes, there’s a full list of stuff down below, as always. Some of it’s stuff that we’ve listed here, some of it’s new stuff. Did some of that stuff shift testing states without us noticing? It’s possible! Let us know if that’s happened in the comments.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions.
Albion Online: Closed beta
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Asta: Open beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, development in crunch for beta
Chronicles: Runescape Legends: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha expected in April
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access play on Steam
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: Closed beta
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games, launch expected in March
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Early access
Overwatch: Closed beta
Paragon: Closed beta, early access starts March 18th
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Alpha offline, moving to the Unreal engine, survival spinoff planned
Tree of Life: Paid early access
Tree of Savior: English beta testing events
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Pre-alpha testing
Venus Rising: Closed beta (adult/NSFW), currently on development hiatus due to Hero Engine issues