After taking in scads of questions from our readers about Camelot Unchained, we roped in Mark Jacobs to see how many of them he could answer in a tight hour! It’s everything you wanted to know about this Arthurian RvR title — and then some. Even if you’re not into Camelot Unchained, we think you’ll find this episode a fascinating look into the development process. (And if we don’t answer your question, check back tomorrow: This one’s a two-parter!)
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
- 00:00 – Intro, crunch, beta prep
- 03:13 – Building an engine from scratch
- 05:19 – What is Camelot Unchained?
- 07:30 – Server structure
- 15:31 – Free trials and open beta
- 19:07 – Tutorials and newbie acclimation
- 22:36 – PvP design goals
- 28:47 – RvR vs. FFA
- 37:53 – Economic PvP design goals
- 42:18 – The state of trade
- 43:46 – Balancing 30 classes
- 49:54 – Crafting vs. combat development
- 51:31 – What does CU bring to the genre that’s new?
- 54:21 – Addressing visual chaos
- 56:54 – Outro
- Download Episode 57
- Podcast theme: “Main Menu Patcher Music” from Camelot Unchained
- Your show hosts: Bree and Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.